Monday 21 July 2014

My Skin: Moisturiser

Moisturisers increase skin's hydration by reducing evaporation, they are designed to make the outer layers of skin softer and more supple. For normal skin, moisturisers are used to prevent skin becoming too dry or oily. For dry skin, moisturisers are most likely to be oil-based and be a lot thicker in consistency, these moisturisers are also recommended for people with eczema. For oily skin moisturisers are still needed however they will be oil-free, so water-based. Those with sensitive skin will want to use a moisturiser without fragrances or dyes that could be irritating also ones that contain soothing ingredients such as chamomile or aloe.



About last year Garnier introduced new moisturisers called moisture match which had different textures, sensations and results. At the time I was using the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil Free Moisturiser, although this was designed for oily skin I found it very sticky and unlike the other products in the Pink Grapefruit line the smell was very strong and kind of unpleasant. I was in need of a new moisturiser so when this one came out I was very happy. Obviously I bought the Shine Be Gone, it's lightweight and a little bit cooling, it smells slightly green tea (there's green tea in it). The moisturiser claims to give a matte effect for me it didnt but i was less oily than if I didnt use it. Also it makes your skin feel super soft which is really nice.





So that's it. Skin care is done! This saturday there should be some makeup coming to you until then have a lovely day and I'll talk to you later.

Livvy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment