Sunday 20 July 2014

My Skin: Cleansers

Cleansers! Cleansers is (as defined by Wikipedia) "a facial care product that is used to remove makeup, dead skin cells, oil, dirt and other types of pollutants from the skin if the face." Lovely! As you've probably guessed today I'll be talking about cleansers (I've said cleansers too many times now - sounds weird). Now if you haven't read my previous post I suggest you do that before hand (I'll link it here). Alright let's get started!



I double cleanse, yes I'm one of those people. First I'll use makeup wipes, Garnier simply essentials facial wipes, to remove any makeup from my face or any nasty stuff from the air that gathered on my face during the day/night. This is what I like to call a gentle cleanse as its doesn't require any massaging or anything like that just a quick swipe of a wipe (hey, that rhymed! haha).






Next, I'll do a "deep" cleanse with my Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash (phew! that's a long name). This is a gel formula so naturally I was concerned that it would leave my skin dry but luckily it doesn't, in fact it leaves your skin SO soft its like a baby's bum! The cleanser has "MicroClear" technology which helps to reduce spots and prevent new ones forming (which you can find more info about here). Also the pink grapefruit smell is so good, its a very light and subtle fragrance which in the morning really helps to wake me up. So the big question is does it really help to clear spots and blackheads? I would say yes, personally for my skin I noticed a difference almost immediately and my skin does feel a lot smoother, and for me I feel that there is a visible reduction in spot size and redness. If you have used this cleanser before leave a comment below telling me your experience and thoughts on it. :)



Every so often, say once or twice a week I will use an scrub, to really DEEP clean my skin and smooth it out further. I use the Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Facial Scrub. It contains Witch Hazel which helps to reduce blemishes. Zinc PCA that gently absorbs excess oil. Rice Powder which exfoliates and smooths (due to the rice powder this scrub is quite rough so don't scrub too hard and always be gentle). Vitamin E moisturizes and improves skin condition, and Pro-Vitamin B5 restores, softens and soothes the skin. With all Simple products the scrub has no perfumes or harsh chemicals, although this scrub does have a slight witch hazel smell. Even though simple is a very well-known brand specifically designed for people with sensitive skin, I have had trouble with simple skincare in the past specifically their makeup wipes, they used to make my skin burn and the same happens to my mum so maybe it's to do with our DNA. However I thought I would return and see if simple had improved as the Clear Skin Oil Balancing range is fairly new. For the first couple uses I did see an improvement and the scrub doesn't burn at all but as I've used it, I noticed I've started to break out but I am going to keep using it just to make sure that its definitely the scrub and not due to any other factor. As with the Neutrogena cleanser if you've used this product please let me know how you got on with it and comment below. 



That's all for today I hope you enjoyed. As always you can either leave a comment or contact me through any social media linked in the side bar, if you would like to have a chat, my door is always open. I'll talk to you next time and have a lovely day or evening or whatever.

Livvy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment