Sunday 6 July 2014

Review: New Makeup

I've been shopping!

There I said it. Phew! Ok on to the post, today I have five products to show you, some have been out for a while but are new to me and a couple are new to the market and I just need to tell you how amazing they are. Alright let's get started!

First of all I've got a lip liner from Sleek. Sleek is a brand known for amazing pigmentation and high quality while being reasonably cheap, this lip liner didn't disappoint. The texture is creamy and it applies very smoothly and gives an opaque colour first time. The only drawback I have found with the lip liner is that it can become patchy if you have dry lips like mine, and with all lip liners it does dry out your lips so I would suggest wearing a lip balm or clear gloss over the top.

Other than that I am in love with this lip liner, its such a beautiful colour (Lingerie 294) and compliments my skin tone (which is pretty hard as I'm super pale).









Next, I have two new products both from Maybelline, their new Mascara The Colossal Go Extreme! I am a MASSIVE fan of the colossal mascaras, I think they give great volume and length also they don't hurt my eyes which is very important to me as I have very sensitive eyes. I didn't buy the waterproof one but I'm sure it's just as good. The mascara is very black, doesn't smudge and stays through out the day. It has a HUGE brush and the new double curved stem which gives you an "extra shot of volume". The only downfall of the product is that the formula is quite wet and takes some time to dry, so just a warning you'll have wait between applying to the top and bottom lashes also try not to sneeze which is what I did once and urggh it just went all over my bottom lid (hahaha).


 



Left - with mascara                                   Right - without



I also brought a new powder from Maybelline, Matte Maker Mattifying Powder, because my last one (MAC Studio Fix Powder) was completely empty. This powder wasn't promoted much so when I saw it I was kinda surprised but also intrigued as to how good it would be. Now can I just say that this is probably the best powder I have ever used, it's very fine and lightweight (unlike the Mac one) so doesn't look cake-y if you put too much on, also it feels like your wearing nothing. Perfect! I brought the shade 01 Classic Ivory, which is a little pale for me but I found that the next shade was too dark, this one is so pale it could pass as translucent powder. This powder is called the Matte Maker, in terms of keeping my face shine free, to be honest it did a better job than the studio fix, which astonished me as MAC is supposed to be one of the best!




Lastly I have for you two Barry M eyeliners, which I've had for ages but didn't get round to posting before (on my old blog) so I thought I'd slip them in here. They are the Barry M Bold Waterproof Eyeliners in Gold and Purple. These are so bold and bright and glittery, it's like a party threw up on your eyes! They're very VERY creamy and soft so I do recommend keeping them in a cool place or popping them in the fridge if they're a bit too soft. After they've dried they stay all day and it is a little bit difficult to remove, kinda like glitter nail polish, but it's not impossible. Other than that it's just a normal (but bolder) pencil liner also they're Barry M so like the rest of the products in this post they are cheap(er).






Well I guess that's it, hopefully I should have some makeup tutorials for you in the future, but this was the first post of my new blog and it feels nice like a fresh start, a new beginning, the past is in the past this is the future.....ok I'm going to stop now. Thank you so much for reading what I've written and if you liked it stay tuned and I'll talk to you later.

Livvy xx

P.S. If anyone has any suggestions of posts or anything like that leave a comment or you can contact me through any of the social medias linked on the side bar. xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the colosal mascara, they make my eyelashes so long! pretty amazing isn't it?

    thelovelymadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i know i always seems to go back to them. haha :)

      btw your blog is so cute xx

      Delete